For more information regarding this group, please reach out to Matt Blair – email@example.com
2021 RUN TO REMEMBER
Join The Well Resource Center in THE RUN TO REMEMBER on August 22nd.
Gold Star Families Memorial & Park
1410 S Museum Park Drive
8am Race Begins
The Run to Remember is the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation’s annual 5K run/walk that raises funds to support families of fallen and catastrophically injured Chicago Police Officers.
Police Family Interviews
Mental Health And Resilience Seminar
Terry Hillard, Jason Redman and Luke Fenner shared how they persevered and overcame different challenges during military service and service as a first responder. View the video below to learn different strategies of how you and your family can stay emotionally healthy and thrive.
15 Minute Easy Margherita Flatbread Pizza
- One Pack of Naan flatbread ( can be found at Marianos, Jewel )
- 3 Pieces of sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced as thin as possible
- 5-6 leaves basil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed; or 1 tsp dry garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chop or Press fresh garlic and mix with oil
Brush the flatbread with oil and garlic with half the mixture. Place in preheated 350 oven for 5 minutes to crisp up
Remove from oven and place 3 slices of cheese on top of the flatbread, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then place thinly sliced tomatoes on top and repeat with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Place back in the oven for another 5 minutes, plus extra 2-3 minutes on broil. Watch the bread closely, if its too dark before 2-3 minutes remove it from the oven immediately.
Meanwhile mix the remaining oil and garlic with the balsamic vinegar, stirring until a smooth emulsion forms.
Chop the Basil Leaves
Once flatbread pizza is baked and the edges are golden to color, remove from the oven, drizzle with however much of the balsamic vinegar mixture you would like, sprinkle with basil leaves, slice and serve to enjoy!
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Walnut Pieces
4 Cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
8 tablespoons (1stick) Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup Pure Maple Syrup OR Honey
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place a rack in the center. Place walnuts and oats in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt, stirring well to combine. Pour butter mixture over oats and walnut mixture and stir well to coat. Stir well to thoroughly combine.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour granola into prepared sheet pan and spread evenly using a rubber spatula. Place in oven and bake, stirring once, until golden, about 20-25 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
To serve, place granola in a cereal bowl and top with milk or YOGURT.
10 – Minute Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 (28oz or 16oz) can of San Marzano or Cento crushed Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Sautee Onion and Chopped Carrots in 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil until tender
- Add chopped Garlic
- Add can of Crushed Tomatoes
- Add Basil, Oregano and Sugar
- Simmer the sauce for about 7 minutes, stirrings occasionally
- If you are cooking with Meat, cook with the onions and the carrots in step one.
- Add the Pasta to the sauce
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese
What kind of Pasta and Cheese to get!
- Dreamfields (brand of pasta) Penne or Spaghetti
- Try to get fresh Parmesan Cheese
Instead of serving with Bread…serve with a salad with your favorite dressing! Try to avoid Iceberg Lettuce and look for Romaine
Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup low – sodium soy sauce OR tamari sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of raw honey
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice OR pineapple juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, cut into long thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pound of flank steak
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups of brown rice
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour ½ cup of this mixture into a plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
Remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. In a large non – stick skillet, stir fry beef in oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
Add broccoli and onion to pan; stir – fry for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Return beef to the pan. Whisk cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve over brown rice if desired.