- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup low – sodium soy sauce OR tamari sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of raw honey
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice OR pineapple juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, cut into long thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pound of flank steak
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups of brown rice
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour ½ cup of this mixture into a plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
Remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. In a large non – stick skillet, stir fry beef in oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
Add broccoli and onion to pan; stir – fry for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Return beef to the pan. Whisk cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve over brown rice if desired.