M.Ed., LPC, NCC – Staff Counselor/ Therapist
Healing is hard, staying wounded is harder.
Julia Schofield is a Licensed Professional Counselor who earned her bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Law, Crime and Deviance at the University of Toronto and her Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at DePaul University. Julia works from an eclectic approach, marrying psychodynamic perspective with DBT, CBT, Narrative and Solution Focused techniques.
Julia works with adults, couples, families, adolescents, and tweens experiencing:
- Relationship + Family conflicts
- Stress Management
- Healing from trauma
- Work/Life Balance
- Self-Esteem & Self-Worth
- Integrative/Holistic Health and Wellbeing
- Life Transition/Adjustments
A true advocate that healing, change, and growth is a holistic process, Julia offers natural options that help alleviate symptoms, promote mental health, and assist the work done in session. She believes that her clients are the experts on themselves and her job is to help her clients discover tools and strengths that already exist, support in letting go of strategies that are no longer beneficial, and aid in developing and practicing new skills. Working with individuals and couples, Julia strives to create a warm, respectful, supportive, empathic, challenging when needed, and non-judgmental space where clients can freely and openly be themselves.
Specialized Training/ Certification/ License(s):
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC-Illinois)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) trained
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider